Ever since i got into the health focussed mode, i have been baking cakes very rarely. But every once in a while when someone gives me a good recipe, i bake. A fortnight back my neighbour gave us some lemon cupcakes that she had baked. The cupcakes were light & fluffy and we all loved it!
My neighbour was kind enough to share her moms’ recipe for the lemon cupcakes. I was amazed at how simple the recipe was. After making the first batch successfully, i decided to try making another batch with whole wheat flour. To my surprise it came out very well. This batch of cupcakes were also fluffy though not as light & fluffy as the ones made with plain flour, nevertheless healthier.
- Plain flour / Whole wheat flour, 1[1/2] cups
- Butter, ¾ cup
- Sugar, ¾ cup powdered
- Eggs, 2
- Baking powder, 1[1/2] tspns
- Baking soda, ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence, 1 tsp
- Milk, ½ cup
- Zest from 1 lime
- Lime juice, 2 tbspns
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Place flour, baking soda and baking powder in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add eggs, butter and sugar in a separate bowl and beat well till the mixture is light.
- Now add the lemon zest & juice, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Fold the flour into the sugar-butter-egg mixture.
- Add the milk if the cake batter is too thick.
- Transfer the cake batter into cupcake moulds with liners in them.
- Bake at 180C for 30 mins or until ready.
You can also check out Lemon Cupcakes by Quichentell.