It has been a very long time since i blogged. My resolution this year is to make an attempt at reviving the blog and also stop giving myself and others excuses for any inaction.
The other day my husband came back from college and told me that for his entrepreneurship class he had to invest a small amount in a business and come out with a report on how the business fared. He suggested that we bake a cake and try to sell it to the students in his college. So we picked a simple yet tasty cake from my recipe book. Banana cake is one of my personal favourites cause of its simplicity. So here goes the recipe for the cake.
Eggless Banana Cake
- Ripe Bananas, 1 cup mashed
- All purpose Flour, 1 cup
- Sugar, ¾ cup
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Baking soda, a pinch
- Vanilla essence, 1 tsp
- Butter, 70 gms (0.15 lbs)
- Salt, a pinch
- Preheat the oven at 180C for 10 mins.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence till the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas to the above mixture
- Add all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda in a bowl and whisk it well.
- Fold in the flour into the butter-sugar mixture little by little.
- Once its well mixed, transfer it to 8 inch baking tray and bake it for 20-25 mins or till it is done. Alternately you can cover it with aluminium foil and steam it in the cooker for about or till it is done.
- If you like it rich, you can frost the with cream cheese or chocolate ganache or any other frosting of your choice.
Leave a Reply