Praline is a topping used for cakes, ice creams and others desserts. It is made using nuts (usually almonds) and caramelized sugar. The recipe is similar to that of peanut brittle – a popular Indian snack. The difference being peanut brittle is served as a slab whereas the praline is coarsely pounded almond brittle.I always prepare it in small quantities since it does not have a long shelf life.
Recipe type: Basics
- Almonds, 1 tbspn
- Sugar, 1 tbspn
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place the almonds and sugar in a pan over low to medium heat.
- Once the sugar melts and becomes golden brown in color add the almonds and ensure the caramel coats the almonds well.
- Keep on the stove till the almonds crackle.
- Transfer the mixture onto the baking paper.
- Let it cool and pound it coarsely.