To many it may seem odd that i am posting a recipe for ice cream in winter. But where i come from, the weather is hot through the year, so ice creams are welcome 365 days a year.
This particular recipe for chocolate ice cream is a low fat, eggless version. While the taste is as good as the store bought ones, this ice cream is not as creamy and soft since ive avoided egg yolks & high fat cream (double cream)and also because i have used a little bit of milk. So before serving you may do well to let it thaw for 5-10 minutes. This version of ice cream is pretty simple. Try it out and let me know your comments!!!
Chocolate Ice cream (eggless)
Recipe type: Desserts
- Low fat cream* (25% fat), 150 gms + 2 tbspns
- Condensed milk, 150-175 gms(less than half a tin)
- Milk, ½ cup
- Gelatin, ½ tsp
- Dark chocolate, 50 gms
- Mix gelatin in 2 tbspns of warm water till it dissolves. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Place 2 tbspns of cream and the dark chocolate on a double boiler.
- Keep it on the double boiler till the chocolate melts and blends well with the cream.
- Take it off the double boiler and let it cool.
- Beat the remaining cream and milk till it forms light peaks.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Now add the chocolate cream mixture and gelatin mix well.
- Pour into a container and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Take it out and beat it well.
- Now freeze it again for 6-8 hours before serving