You can combine panna cotta either with raspberry jelly or strawberry coulis.
At the time of serving, place the ramekins (bottom only) in hot water for 20 seconds. Insert a small knife between the pannacotta and the ramekin. Invert the ramekin onto a serving plate and tap it to release the pannacotta. You can serve the panna cotta with the raspberry jelly or with strawberry coulis.
- Milk, 250 ml (1.5 cups approx.)
- Cream*, 250 ml (1.5 cups approx.)
- Sugar, 5 tbspns
- Vanilla bean, 1 (or 1.5 to 2 tsps of vanilla extract)
- Gelatin, 2¼ tspns
- Add the milk, cream and sugar to a pan.
- Halve the vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Add the seeds and the pod to milk- cream mixture.
- Place it on the stove and bring this to a simmer and take it off the heat.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the mixture and discard it.
- Strain the mixture if you have used vanilla beans and want to remove the traces of the vanilla seed.
- Heat 2 tbspns of water. Add gelatin to this and stir it till it dissolves.
- Add this to the milk- cream mixture.
- Once the jelly mixture has set pour pannacotta mixture over it and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with Strawberry Coulis