We all have our preferences with regard to the type of cookie and cookie textures. These chocolate chip cookies are healthier than your usual cookies since its made using whole wheat and oats. It has a lovely cakey and crumbly texture. My son really loves these cookies. So go ahead and treat your kids to these healthy and yummy choco chip cookies.
Wholesome Chocolate Chip Cookies
Healthy chocolate chip cookies for kids as well as adults!
Recipe type: Bakes
Serves: 10 cookies
- Whole wheat flour, 80 gms
- Coarsely ground Instant Oats, 60 gms
- Butter, 60 grams
- Sugar, 60 gms
- Eggs, ½ (roughly 24 gms)
- Chocolate Chips, 20 gms
- Baking powder, 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence, 1 tsp
- Milk, 3-4 tbspns
- Salt, a pinch
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt in a container and whisk well.
- Cream butter & sugar until well combined
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Fold in the flour and mix till well combined
- Now add the ground oats & chocolate chips and mix well.
- Add milk if required to give it a dropping consistency.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the cookie dough for each cookie and place it on the baking tray; spacing the cookies out well.
- Bake for 10 to 15 mins till golden brown.
- Remove from the cookie tray and cool before serving.
Leave a Reply