Nan Khatai is a spiced indian eggless cookie. It has a firm yet crumbly texture which lends a great taste to the cookie.
Recipe type: Bakes
Serves: 18-20 biscuits
- All Purpose Flour, 150 gms
- Butter, 100 gms
- Sugar, 115 gms
- Baking Soda, ¼ tsp
- Curd, 1 tsp
- Cardamom, 3-4
- Cashews/Pistachios (optional), 8-10
- Powder sugar and the cardamom pods.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add curds and baking soda to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Now add sifted flour and knead it into a dough.
- Make small lime sized balls and press it lightly on top.
- Place on a lightly greased tray and decorate it with chopped cashews/pistachios.
- Bake it at 120C for about 20-25 minutes.