Its the monsoon season in Bangalore. i have stuck to my resolve of having a soup every day for dinner (check tomato soup). The only thing that i didn’t stick to was the resolve to have soup ONLY. Sigh, i do wish occasionally that i wasn’t so much of a foodie.
Anyways getting to the better part of the blog. I made mushroom soup today. It is very easy to make with just 4 ingredients. I have tried to make it by cutting out the cream which is usually used. But that didn’t compromise the taste. Do try out the recipe to know it for yourself.
- 200 grams Button Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 100 grams (1 large) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 cups milk
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter in a deep bottomed pan.
- Once melted add the onions and fry till its tender
- Now add the mushrooms and cook it till the water from the mushroom evaporates
- Add the milk, salt & pepper and boil the mixture well
- Use a hand blender or a mixer-blender to blend the soup well.
- Boil the soup once again
- Serve hot!