When i was in college, my friends and i used to frequent a local eatery which served yummy vegetable grilled sandwich i had ever had. My focus those days was on relishing the sandwich, i never bothered finding out how it was made. Cut to 2015, a decade later, my friend told me that she made the sandwich and that it tasted just the same as the one we had in the local eatery. So i immediately jotted down the ingredients and made it. True to her word, it did taste amazing.
You can make this as healthy as you want. I used whole wheat bread to make this. However, i did add one slice of cheese per sandwich. It is optional though. I used mint chutney for the sandwich which gives it a nice zing. You can get the recipe for mint chutney here.
- Brown bread, 6 slices
- Mint chutney, ⅓ cup
- Boiled potato, 1 sliced
- Tomato, 1 medium size sliced
- Onion, 1 medium size sliced
- Capsicum, 1 small sliced
- Cheese slices, 2
- Butter, 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Butter 2 slices of bread.
- Place the sliced tomatoes and onions on one slice.
- Also place half a slice of cheese on top of the tomatoes & onions.
- Sprinkle some salt on the tomatoes & onions.
- Cover this with the other buttered slice.
- Spread the mint chutney on the other side of the buttered bread.
- Place slices of boiled potatoes and capsicum on it.
- Now place the other half of the cheese slice on top of the potatoes & capsicum
- Sprinkle some salt on the potatoes & capsicum.
- Spread mint chutney on the third slice of bread and cover the potatoes and capsicum
- Grill for about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with ketchup!
Leave a Reply