In all my excitement about creating this blog, i started poring through my mom’s and grandmother’s recipe books and i found a recipe for making Coconut & Plantain fritters. It seemed like a very simple, quick to make snack. Its a good evening snack for kids. If you dislike the taste of coconut can avoid it while making the fritters
Coconut and Banana Fritters
Recipe type: Snacks
- All Purpose Flour, 250 grams
- Scraped Coconut, ¾ cup
- Ripe Green Plantains, 2
- Baking powder, ¼ tsp
- Vanilla essence, ½ tsp
- Eggs, 1
- Sugar, 5 tbspn
- Add water to flour and make a thick batter.
- To this add dessicated coconut, baking powder, vanilla essence and mashed bananas.
- Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Beat eggs and sugar separately and add it to the batter.
- The batter should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- Heat oil and drop spoonfuls of the batter and fry till golden brown
- Serve immediately!
This batter can also be used to prepare pancakes. To make pancakes add a little milk to the batter to make it a little loose. This batter can then be used to make traditional pancakes on the stove. Serve hot with maple syrup or honey.